Diploma in Fire Engineering & Safety Management
One year Diploma in Fire Engineering & Safety Management – What does it offer?
Fire destroys everything – one’s aspiration, hope and assets. So, it is essential that building owners –office and industry- who employ fire-safety personnel, should make sure that they be adequately trained to prevent fire accidents or act correctly to save lives and materials in case of fire.
Green World Group offers Diploma in Fire Engineering and Safety Management, which is a government of India recognized certificate programme. The course is designed to provide individuals a wide range of critical knowledge and understanding required for fire professional roles such as Fire Safety specialists, Fire Investigation specialists and Fire Watch Managers in the Fire and Rescue Service Department.
The course offers complete understanding of fire engineering science and safety that workers need while assessing buildings for fire safety and also responding to various types of hazards and fire-related accidents.
Who can join this course?
• People who are employed in fire and rescue department of various industries across the world, particularly those who are working as Watch Manager or equivalent roles and those who wish to acquire the knowledge and understanding required to get promotion as a Watch Manager.
• People who are working as fire and rescue specialists in industries such as aviation or doing fire prevention/fire safety audit roles that need to develop and apply a wide range of understanding and knowledge.
• Those who wish to learn about fire science, fire safety and other specialized areas.
How will you be assessed?
You need to clear six theory papers:
- PAPER 1 – OCCUPATION HEALTH AND SAFETY
- PAPER 2 – ACCIDENT PREVENTION & RISK MANAGEMENT
- PAPER 3 – FIRE HYDRAULICS & FIRE LOSS CONTROL
- PAPER 4 – SAFETY IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- PAPER 5 – SAFETY & PREVENTION IN CHEMICAL / PETRO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, REFINERIES & OIL RIGS
- PAPER 6 – FIRE PREVENTION & CONTROL
There will be a written examination for Paper 1, 2 & 3 combined with 10 questions to answer without choice. The duration of the exam will be two hours and will carry 100 marks.
Similarly, Paper 4, 5 & 6 combined will be for 2 hours having 10 questions without choice, will also carry 100 marks.
Seminar on Fire Engineering & Safety Management
Students who join the diploma course will get an opportunity to attend a seminar on Fire Engineering & Safety Management, which will be held at Chennai’s GWG Business Center. However, the seminar will be conducted only when the course has minimum number of candidates. Though it is not mandatory to attend the 12-day seminar, a fee will be collected from the attendees.
To facilitate students to clear their doubts in various subjects, experts in respective fields will be made available at all times. Students can reach them by way of e-mails or other preferred mode of communication.
Will the course material be provided?
Students can avail the international standard course material, which has also been published by the Green World Group and promoted by the government of India.
After one year, candidates who emerge successful will be issued certificates within 30 days from the date of publication of results. These certificates & mark lists are being provided by Government of India’s Central Board of Examination & National Development agency. Candidates who secure distinction and first class will also be provided with certificates.
Students enrolling for Diploma in Fire Engineering & Safety Management should note that the course fee also includes examination fee, course material and administration fee.